We’re of the opinion that the best time to be in the city is when everyone else has decamped. Rooftop sunsets, twinkly balcony lights, the first ripe container tomatoes–you’re ours this week. Hop on the subway and join us on our urban escape:
- Sophia visits a rooftop garden in Brooklyn’s Cobble Hill and brings back tips for creating a meadow of flowers in the city in this week’s Garden Designer Visit.
- Pallet magic: We’ll show you how easy it is to create a trellis, screen, or temporary wall for your city terrace in this week’s Steal This Look.
- Sarah discovers the magic cure for keeping flies away in this week’s report from the front lines of Domestic Science.
- Intrigued by shou sugi ban siding, Margot investigates the burnt-wood facade in this week’s Hardscaping 101.
- Sleuthing in Tuscany, Kendra discovered an open-air pavilion that floats on the edge of a hillside. She’s excited to give us a full tour of our Outbuilding of the Week.
And on Remodelista, the editors are just as determined to enjoy summer in the city. Follow their adventures this week as they make their own Urban Escape.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation