There’s a lot to be said for living vicariously in winter. Thanks to our Instagram feed, this week we’re visiting Belgium’s most beautiful edible garden, eating pop-up sushi in New York City, and reserving a charming Airbnb rental in Portugal.
Travel with us this week by tagging your own Instagram inspiration #GardenistaTravels to be included in our reader roundup on Friday.
Above: Photograph by Pancho Tolchinksky for Gardenista. For more, see The Best Secret Garden in Barcelona.
- This week we launch The Gardenista 100, a guide to the 100 most useful, beautiful products for the garden and outdoor living. We’ll kick off the series with a Roundup of the best raised beds and accessories for Edible Gardens.
- Discovered via Instagram, this week’s Garden Visit takes us to a castle with a kitchen garden often called “Belgium’s most beautiful garden.”
- In this week’s Curb Appeal post, we offer suggestions for nine ways to add curb appeal with flowering vines.
- With springtime on its way, you may feel a familiar urge–to spruce up a facade with fresh paint, gutters, shutters, a new roof, or a stoop. Start with our Guide to Facades and Paint in this week’s Hardscaping 101 post. Meanwhile, check out all our favorite paint colors in our Paints & Palettes archive.
- We discover a new underground dining destination in NYC thanks to a tip from Instagram in this week’s Restaurant Visit post.
- You’d never know from the facade that this 200-year-old stone house in the mountains of Switzerland got a remodel. We visit it in our Outbuilding of the Week post.
The Remodelista editors are traveling around the world–on Instagram. See all the destinations they’ve discovered on Instagram Getaways.