Hydrangea season is officially underway. Join us this week as we celebrate summer with raspberry sparkler cocktails, planters for a balcony, and tips for rearranging the furniture on the front porch:
Above: Raspberry sparkler cocktails are a tradition around these parts. See Olivia Rae James’ recipe at DIY: Raspberry Sparkler for the Fourth of July.
- A nondescript and unloved screened porch turns magical in the Catskills, thanks to designer Jersey Ice Cream Co. In this week’s Before & After post.
- We’ve rounded up all the essentials you need to celebrate Independence Day, whether you’re planning a neighborhood block party or a lazy afternoon in the hammock, in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- Alexa reveals 10 no-fail landscape design tips, culled from Manhattan’s High Line Park in this week’s Garden Ideas to Steal post.
- Meredith makes a breakthrough, discovering the ultimate wood-burning outdoor grill. And for a moveable feast, see our 10 Favorite Portable Fire Pits.
- We’re ready for flowers. Lots of them. To make window boxes easy, we’ve narrowed our list to 10 black balcony boxes you can hang from a railing or use on a deck. For more ideas, see 10 Easy Pieces: Basic Wooden Window Boxes and Hardscaping 101: Best Window Boxes.
- Dalilah discovers the classic Midwestern barn made modern, in this week’s Outbuilding of the Week post.