What’s the happiest way to confront the heat of August? Join us for a week of beach umbrellas, coastal cottage living, swimming pools, and secrets from gardeners in Greece.
- Jump in, the water’s fine. And the architecture is even finer. Meredith visits a California coast classic swimming pool in this week’s Architect Visit.
- Feel that breeze? It’s so much cooler at the shore when there’s a little shade; we’ve rounded up our favorite beach umbrellas in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- Nobody knows how to handle heat better than a gardener in Greece, and we’ll be passing along top tips in this week’s Garden Ideas to Steal post.
- We did not work up even the slightest bit of a sweat making this week’s DIY Project, an instant summer hammock.
- Boardwalk? Sculpture? Climbing frame? Garden feature? It’s Super Bench, and Christine has the story. Meanwhile, see more of our favorite outdoor seating in 10 Easy Pieces: Outdoor Benches.
- A beachfront cottage where you can put your feet in the sand indoors or out is our Outbuilding of the Week.