Judy Kameon got her gardening start by transforming an empty lot into a lush garden in her Elysian Park neighborhood of LA. Twenty years later, her garden design firm–Elysian Landscapes–has built a reputation for creating outdoor living spaces with plants in a wide range of colors and textures. Judy and her husband, photographer Erik Otsea, collaborated on Kameon’s book Gardens Are For Living, published earlier this year. The pair also operate Plain Air, a line of midcentury-modern-inspired outdoor furniture.
Read more about Elysian Landscapes in Spring Comes to Manhattan, Upper East Side Edition.
Above: Judy Kameon is judging our Best Outdoor Living Space category.
5 Things to Know About Judy:
- Favorite Gardening Tip: Know the needs and mature size of a plant before you put it into the ground.
- Last Thing I Planted in My Garden: Leucadendron ‘Ebony.’
- On My Wish List for My Garden: A pizza oven.
- Favorite Restaurant: Lucques, in Hollywood.
- Favorite Shop: Cookbook, in Echo Park, LA.
For more, follow Judy on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, and visit Elysian Landscapes and Plain Air.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation