From a bucolic Pennsylvania garden to mixed media vases, here’s a look at what’s been inspiring us lately.
Above: Our friends at Terrain recently spent an afternoon touring the grounds of Hortulus Farm Garden & Nursery in the bucolic landscape of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The 100-acre farm is home to 24 formal gardens and is now open for seasonal tours. Photo courtesy of Terrain.
- The best of France in late spring.
- This beautifully designed, low maintenance backyard makes for the ideal place to entertain, dine and relax.
Above: We’re intrigued by the new collection of vases designed by Stockholm-based Studio EO. Equal parts art and botanical vessel, the sculptural vases include contrasting materials of glass and stone.
- A landscape designer talks about her love for Amistad salvia.
- Five enviable chicken coops that have us inspired to build our own.
Above: We agree with Elle Decor’s recent sentiment that “the closest ingredient to ‘summer’ may just be the edible flower.” So we too will be tapping the wisdom of photographer Leela Cyd who weaves colorful varieties into the recipes in her new book Food with Friends: The Art of Simple Gatherings. Photo courtesy of Leela Cyd.
- Meet the elusive baker who created succulent cupcakes that nearly broke the web.
- We’re having serious camping aspirations from this tent.
- Over on Remodelista: Ceramics in the Springtime: Astier de Villatte’s New Paris Boutique.
Our Latest Instagram Inspiration
Above: We love seeing how Brittany Writer, a Seattle-based photographer, captures the unique colors and formations of produce through her lens (@wrightkitchen).
For more Gardenista visit our latest issue: Outside and In.