As our Winter Storage week comes to a close, we’re resolved to get our gardens—and the rest of our homes—in order. Here’s what we’re up to this weekend and throughout January:
- New Year, new organization strategy: Take our quiz for a chance to win a custom kit from The Organized Home, now through January 19.
- The latest exhibit on our radar: the Harvard Museum of Natural History’s display of artful glass flower models.
- Calling all Bay Area readers: Coming up at the Marin Art & Garden Center: The New California Garden, a class presented by the American Garden School. It’s January 27; read more and sign up here.
- Attention, New Yorkers: Meredith let us know about Wave Hill’s Horticultural Lecture Series in Manhattan, with three events this winter, including one on Wednesday, January 17 featuring writer and editor (and 2017 Gardenista Considered Design Awards judge) Deborah Needleman in conversation with Sarah Rhyanen of Gardenista favorite floral studio Saipua. Details here.
- Fungus Fair. Need we say more.
- Attention birders: enter the Audubon Society’s new photography contest for a chance to win $5,000.
- We’re ordering some of Terrain’s dried flowers, now on sale, including these stately dried sunflowers for $2.95.
- Meredith is lusting after a signed copy of the Encyclopedia of Flowers book from Swiss publishing house Lars Müller Books.
- Always wanted a ready-to-order bouquet designed by the world’s top fashion editors? Now’s your chance.
- Plus: Listen to Julie talk about our new book, The Organized Home, and how to get the kitchen in order on the Bon Appétit Foodcast; plus, a shoutout over on Next Tribe.
Recently in Obsessions: