Coco Chanel believed that a woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future. We feel the same way about gardens.
Join us for a week of celebrating scent, as we track down a Parisian florist’s favorite fragrant flowers, stylish rose arbors, and white jasmine to perfume a jet black garden.
Above: Michelle’s next door neighbor Linda has a fragrant ‘Pat Austin’ rose you can smell over the fence. For more of Linda’s garden, see Garden Visit: The Hobbit Land Next Door.
- We visit a jet black London townhouse garden perfumed by white jasmine in this week’s Before & After post. Meanwhile, see 51 images of Dramatic Black And White Gardens in the Gardenista Gallery.
- Are you ready for roses? Now is the time to put in an order for spring, and we’ve rounded up ten of the most fragrant–and hardy–old roses, with a little help from our favorite Parisian florist, in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- We have step-by-step instructions for 11 fragrant DIY floral arrangements to fight the February blues in this week’s Bouquet of the Week post. For more ideas, see Flowers from Miss Pickering.
- We’re fascinated by factory windows, so Janet is investigating the pros and cons (and prices) in this week’s Hardscaping 101.
- Michelle finds 11 entryway arbors that add Curb Appeal (fragrant rose optional) in this week’s Roundup post.