This week we’ll explore satisfying ways to landscape with less–less water, less fuss, less clutter. The result? More style, along with serenity in the summer garden. Join us:
Above: Photograph by Matthew Williams for Gardenista.
- For more of this gravel garden, see Vineyard Haven: A Napa Valley Garden That Belongs to the Land.
- Izabella’s Landscape Design for her 60-by-60-foot “neglected backyard” will create a simple, serene space defined by geometric gravel paths. She’s gathered 10 photos of similar gardens with Gravel Paths to inspire us in this week’s Roundup post.
- End-of-summer sales should offer excellent opportunities to stock up for next year. This week we’re sleuthing the best of the best bargains on outdoor furnishings, outdoor entertaining accessories, and garden tools. Check in every day for another markdown.
- Alexa rounds up stylish rainwater barrels in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- In Austria, a modern house built on a budget, with a landscape featuring permeable grass pavers, is our Architect Visit post of the week. For more ideas, see Hardscaping 101: Eco-Friendly Paving Solutions.
- Ellen finds out everything you need to know about picket fences in this week’s Hardscaping 101 post.
- A 190-square-foot writer’s studio that does double duty as a canoe storage shed in Maine is our Outbuilding of the Week.