There is a serenity in simplicity, and this week we visit Japan to find it. Join us:
Above: For more of this garden, see Worth the Trip: Eatrip in Tokyo.
- A tiny shed shields a small Tokyo courtyard garden from the street in this week’s Before & After post.
- Hidden in a quiet alley at the edge of Tokyo’s busiest neighborhood, we visit a florist whose modern arrangements are simple and surprising in this week’s Shopper’s Diary.
- We’ve long coveted tiny bonsai kokedamas; time to get our own pet. We’ve rounded up our favorites in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces post.
- From a Japanese glassmaker, handblown bottles with deliberate rough imperfections have a delicate perfection in this week’s Vases post. Meanwhile, take a look at our favorite Ikebana Vases.
- Meredith discovers Zen and the art of bathing in this week’s Roundup of soaking tubs.