We’re celebrating the holiday season this week with visits to gardens and greenhouses around the world. Join us:
Above: Join us on our Hike of the Week: A Winter Wonderland in Maine.
- This winter, we’re foraging for acorns to sprout oak trees indoors. Follow this week’s easy step-by-step DIY to do the same.
- “Cold weather never seems to halt the Swedes,” says Meredith, who visits a modern farmhouse with a greenhouse for year-round crops in this week’s Architect Visit.
- For forced bulbs, Scandinavian style, see our favorite holiday decor ideas in this week’s Roundup post.
- This week’s Before & After garden belongs to a Brooklyn townhouse where designer Lindsey Taylor created a low-maintenance landscape for a couple who love to entertain.
- Borrowed from Canada: shortcuts to transforming a backyard into a glassy ice skating rink. See our tips in this week’s Hardscaping 101 post.
- Christmas in Bavaria; we head to a snowy Alpine retreat in this week’s Hotel Visit.