While we’re under the spell of our garden year round, there’s something particularly enchanting about the wild darkness that we celebrate this month. (As Halloween is Michelle’s favorite holiday, we start decorating early.) This week, we call on the spirits, and summon the mystical and the pagan:
- Michelle visits a tiny freestanding charred-wood bedroom addition (price tag $45,000) that’s a mini mirror of the cottage next door in this week’s Architect Visit.
- A Steal This Look involving the Salem witch trials? Well, we did promise Dark Shadows. Meredith finds the somber beauty of this colonial facade translates well beyond the historical town.
- Superstition didn’t stop Barbara from heading straight to Brooklyn Heights (a neighborhood that takes Halloween very, very seriously) in search of seasonal Curb Appeal.
- Our love of air plants is undying. Sophia shares her latest arrangement in this week’s Entertaining & Arrangements. In the meantime, see Gardening 101: How to Water an Air Plant, and flex your botany know-how with Air Plants 101: How to ID a Tillandsia.
- Enter if you dare: Sarah takes you inside the Poison Garden at Alnwick Castle, featured in the first two Harry Potter movies and home to Duke and Duchess of Northumberland.
- Cheryl retreats to the mystical bohemian enclave of Southern California’s Topanga Canyon, in this far-out Outbuilding of the Week.
Want more magic? Halloween mischief continues on Remodelista this week.