To eat what you grow, first you have to grow it. This week we’ll tour chefs’ own kitchen gardens and offer practical tips for designing yours. Plus, we have a sneak peak at Ikea’s best new spring products for gardeners who cook:
- Barefoot contessa Ina Garten, author of the new cookbook Make It Ahead, grows the ingredients in her East Hampton kitchen garden. We poke around the beets and the barn in this week’s Garden Visit.
- We take a first look at Ikea’s new spring collection for gardeners who cook (coming to stores in February). While we’re waiting for the countertop trolley to hit stores, we’re browsing our Ikea Favorite Products.
- Stepladder planter, anyone? It’s also the perfect nightstand, side table, kitchen herb garden, and Pinterest bait. We round up our favorites in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- Yes, you can grow salad indoors. Microgreens have chia pet charm plus superfood nutrients. Cheryl gets tips for growing them from Minifarm Box owner Conor Fitzpatrick in this week’s Expert Advice.
- Wondering how to design a raised bed garden? No matter how big or small your space, Janet has suggestions for you in this week’s Hardscaping 101.
- We’re obsessed with our new waxed canvas tote (good for harvesting greens). Read about it in this week’s Garden Accessories post.
Ready for a kitchen makeover? This week, Julie and the Remodelista editors reveal their favorite design details in Kitchen Secrets.