If you haven’t prepared your entry to the 2014 Gardenista Considered Design Awards, there’s still time to grab your camera and get snapping. But you only have eight more days to submit your project!
Insider Tip: So far, the category with the fewest submissions is Best Small Garden, Amateur. We’ve received only a handful of entries, which increases your chance of winning in this category. Remember, this category is defined broadly: You can enter your indoor garden, window boxes, fire escape garden, container garden, vertical garden, even your houseplants.
We also have plenty of room in the Best Edible Garden category, which is open to everyone–professionals and enthusiasts alike.
Here’s a sneak preview of some of the great entries we’ve received so far, followed by the full list of Gardenista categories. (And remember, you can see all contest entries as soon as they’re submitted on the Gardenista Awards page.)
Gardenista Awards Categories
- Best Garden/Amateur: Best overall outdoor garden designed by an amateur gardener.
- Best Small Garden/Amateur: Houseplants, indoor gardens, window boxes, fire escape gardens, container gardens, vertical gardens, etc. designed by an amateur gardener.
- Best Outdoor Living Space/Everyone: Outdoor sitting rooms and lounge spaces, outdoor kitchens, outdoor dining rooms, outdoor showers and baths, etc. open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Best Edible Garden/Everyone: Kitchen gardens, vegetable patches, raised beds, outdoor herb gardens, etc. open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Best Hardscape Project/Everyone: Stairways, decks and patios, driveways, pathways, fences, swimming pools, garden gates, trellises, etc. open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Best Professional Landscape: Best overall outdoor garden or landscape designed by a professional.
- Best Garden Shed or Outbuilding/Professional: Garden sheds, storage sheds, barns, garages, carports, greenhouses, pool houses, backyard studios, outhouses, guest houses, etc. designed by a professional. Though an outbuilding is typically detached from a main house, it’s not required here.
Click here for rules, prizes, and FAQ; see our roster of guest judges; and enter the contest by July 7.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation