Glass garden cloches are tiny portable greenhouses you can plop atop any plant that may need extra warmth to weather the coming winter.
Popular in England since the Victorian era, metal-framed garden cloches also add a sculptural element to the garden. We’re currently admiring lidded glass cloches on offer from UK garden shop Crocus.
N.B.: This is not a new obsession with us. See The Beauty of the Garden Cloche for more we’ve admired.
“This cloche is heavy, durable and built to last, with a removable lid for easy ventilation,” notes the retailer.
- There are plenty of ways to keep tender plants warm in cold weather, and your garden will thank you for thinking ahead. Read more:
- 10 Easy Pieces: Plant Blankets
- Hardscaping 101: Cold Frames
- 10 Easy Pieces: Cold Frame Greenhouses
- Garden Sheds & Storage 101: A Design Guide
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation