Really, summer just got here? We’ve been celebrating for weeks now, but this is the first official day. And here are a few summery things that caught our eye this week:
- Inspired tabletops with a Portuguese flair, from Local Milk.
- Starting to harvest your early vegetables? For fresh ideas, revisit a landmark vegetarian cookbook, newly reissued.
- 10 natural ways to ward off summer’s peskiest pest–the mosquito (rosemary and garlic are on the list).
- For city farmers and sophisticated chicks, an upscale coop partners with a planter, compost bin, and more.
- Speaking of sophisticated chickens, doesn’t this belong in that coop?
- A tropical makeover for your backyard.
- On our wish list: the most delicate Japanese maple ever.
- Keep your cool at summer gatherings with this handblown glass ice bucket.
- How to: Make your garden smell terrific.
- So-Cal living, chez landscape designer Scott Schrader.
- We’ll gladly ditch dairy for this vegan coconut ice cream.
- The ultimate picnic basket (think copper nails and leather lid hinges).
- Love where you grow? Submit your outdoor project to the 2014 Gardenista Considered Design Awards by July 7.
If you missed this week on Gardenista, you can catch up in our archives. And check out Remodelista’s week of Scandi-inspired design and interiors.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation