From a cold-weather plant care workshop to a DIY winter bough, here are 11 things to know about this weekend.
- New year, new room: enter now for a chance to win more than $3,000 towards a 2019 room refresh. Details here.
- More than half of the world’s 124 species of coffee plants are threatened with extinction—and Arabica really needs our help.
- Chelsea Flower Show tickets, on sale now.
- Happy 140th birthday, San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers.
- Deck vs. patio—which will add more resale value to your home?
- Finally, something fun to do in Las Vegas: plant swap on Sunday (noonish).
- Sign up: Winter Plant Care 101 workshop in NYC, at The Sill.
- Michelle is currently coveting a brass rain gauge (to measure just how much her Mill Valley, California garden got in this week’s deluge).
- And Julie’s favorite Munder Skiles collection (“beautifully proportioned, graceful garden and outdoor furniture; it’s expensive, but it will last forever”) has a new look online.
- Inside the renovated, high-style Georgian manse of Mama Mia’s music producer.
- And: our editors’ tried-and-tested cleaning hacks.
Previously in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Garden Restart
- Current Obsessions: New Year, New You
- Current Obsessions: Auld Lang Syne