Even in the cold of January, there are tasks to be done in the garden, DIY salves to be made, and organizing (in the shed, the garage, the entryway) for the new year and spring ahead. Here are 8 things to know about this weekend:
- So you’ve finished watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and are ready to start organizing. First, read up on a few of Fan’s pointers you might not know about, featured on Studio McGee’s blog this week.
- Four DIY solutions for winter self-care, straight from the garden.
- An architect’s quick guide to green roofs.
- On Shelter Island, an antiques dealer’s clean and simple family house (the kitchen is in the former chicken coop).
- On the market: the house—and formal landscaped gardens—of former art critic Robert Hughes.
- 8 ways to give your laundry closet an upgrade.
- Four types of clutter, and how to get rid of them.
- The New York Times, for the second year in a row, is sending one traveler to all of their 52 Places to Visit. Follow his adventures here.
Previously in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: New Year, New You
- Current Obsessions: Auld Lang Syne
- Current Obsessions: Midwinter Minimalism
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation