On our radar this weekend: Mother’s Day pop-ups and the return of the geranium.
Plus, look no further for all your plant swap needs: Announcing our new Plant Swap Calendar, where we’ll list a selection of plant swaps going on around the country each week. (Have a plant swap to share? Let us know in the comments and we may add it to the list.)
- Enter to win $20,000 from Remodelista, plus $5,000 to use toward tile from Fireclay Tile, now through May 31.
- Today and tomorrow at Erica Tanov in Marin: a pop-up by Rito-ito, with hand-tied bouquets, just in time for Mother’s Day. Stop by from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. tomorrow.
- Bostonians: Duck inside the hidden gardens of Beacon Hill on this garden tour, Thursday, May 17.
- The return of the geranium: a behind-the-scenes peek at the London floral designers chosen to deck out the entrance gate to this year’s Chelsea Flower Show, opening May 22.
- This Tuesday: basketmaking using native plants.
- Still need a Mother’s Day gift? Consult our picks, over on Remodelista.
- Meredith hacked her Ikea storage chest into artful spice storage.
- Coming up in New York: Zero Waste Bistro, a no-waste pop-up bistro that’s a mini stateside version of Restaurant Nolla in Helsinki, presented by the Finnish Cultural Institute, May 19 to 22 only.
And, a few plant swaps going on today around the country:
- Des Moines, Iowa: a Plant and Pot Swap at Art Terrarium
- Knoxville, Tennessee: the Spring 2018 East Tennessee Plant Swap, for garden plants
- Markham, Ontario: for bulbs, starters, succulents, houseplants, and more
- Haltom City, Texas: this garden plant swap
- Portland, Maine: a permaculture swap
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: The Cutting Garden
- Current Obsessions: April Showers, May Flowers
- Current Obsessions: Notes on Earth Day
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation