This weekend, as we head into May: flower arranging workshops and a gin distilled from Edinburgh’s botanical garden, plus Brooklyn’s big event. Here’s your weekend reading.
- Going on this weekend: Understory, the garden fair and plant sale today and tomorrow in Brooklyn. Look for appearances by Gardenista favorites: a plant sale by Saipua, plants from Tula House, plus workshops, natural wine, botanicals, and other “poetic and practical ways to engage with nature in the city.” Details and tickets here.
- This just in: Edinburgh Gin has released a new gin “made with native and rare plants that have been grown in the city’s famous Royal Botanic Garden.”
- In LA this weekend, the Huntington Library’s annual spring plant sale.
- Does the South have its own Loch Ness Monster? Garden & Gun magazine traces strange goings-on in Georgia’s Altamaha River.
- Check out the Garden Conservancy’s calendar of Open Days to visit gardens in your area.
- And, a must read for garden history buffs: how Fort Myers became the gladiolus capital of the world.
- Coming up at East Fork, the ceramics and kitchen tools company primed to take over the East Coast: flower arranging workshops for Mother’s Day.
- Spotted by Margot: the latest trend in gardening attire?
Elsewhere, on Remodelista and The Organized Home:
- Our new favorite hammocks, for indoors and out.
- The only four ingredients you need to clean your entire home.
- Current Obsessions: Notes on Earth Day
- Current Obsessions: The Spring Collection
- Current Obsessions: In the Greenhouse
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation