Greenhouse staging is the perfect phrase to describe the long tables where seedlings sit in starter trays to mature before heading outdoors to be transplanted into the garden in spring. The term hails from Europe where staging tables are considered essential equipment in large greenhouses and small potting sheds alike.
Greenhouse staging tables often have wire worktops or slatted wooden frames for drainage and air circulation. We’ve rounded up 10 favorites—from long trestle tables to compact potting shed styles—to give tender plants a head start during winter months.
- Best of Ikea 2017: Potting Shed and Garden Storage
- 10 Ideas to Organize the Perfect Potting Shed
- Object of Desire: Cultivation Tray for Seedlings
- 10 Easy Pieces: Industrial-Style Potting Benches
- Glass with a Past: English Greenhouses from Alton
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation