It’s the season for hunkering down in the potting shed: getting things dirty and cleaning up again. And for indulging in a bit of flowery eye candy.
Here’s a collection of links we’ve loved this week:
- Streets overrun with flowers in Lima.
- Will MoMA’s Sculpture Garden become accessible free of charge?
- Must see: Fashion & Gardens at the Garden Museum in London, opens today.
- Making messes with Muscari Bulbs.
- Cleaning up with 10 Potting Shed Brushes.
- Justine makes a Garden From Garbage. See also: Dual-Purpose Veggies.
- Not sure where to start? Tips for Forcing Winter Flowers.
- The Bouqs: an online flower company with a conscience.
- Corn husk flowers.
- In the Pacific Northwest? Our friend Val got a sneak peak at this weekend’s Northwest Flower & Garden Show in Seattle. Hours and information included.
- No Valentine’s plans? Take a Flower Arranging Class. Plants with Benefits: An “uninhibited guide” to aphrodisiacs in your garden…
- 10 Best Berries to plant right now.
- We’re drooling over the Camellia Collection at the Lyman Estate.
- Why are the best garden tools Vintage Garden Tools?
- Gardner Museum Single-Stem Mums against a white background.
- Want to see them in person? Plan a visit to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
See the entire week’s worth of Gardenista posts in our issue, Potting Sheds.