A mudroom need not be grand. It doesn’t even have to be a room. This week, we find simple ways to define a hard-working space devoted to the ritual of coming in (without tracking in dirt).
Join us as we tackle the chaos of wet rain boots, squishy coats, and all of fall’s accoutrements, with elegant and easy solutions. (Plus, we’ll take you on a road trip to take in New Hampshire’s autumn splendor.)
Above: A sneak peek of Erin’s DIY boot box on wheels (coming next week). Photograph by Erin Boyle.
- Cheryl discovers a fantastic mudroom that opens to views of an elegantly weathered barn in this week’s Architect Visit.
- Erin, on a mission to keep her floors squeaky clean, goes on a DIY Projects frenzy, showing us how to make this rope doormat.
- Artist and author Erica Van Horn invites Jane for a walk in the Irish countyside in this week’s Garden Visit.
- Do your containers need some Garden Style? We found these strap planters to dress up any boring pot.
- In restoring the backyard of her West Village townhouse, the owner managed to keep the elements she liked (such as this handsome staircase) while getting rid of the things that didn’t work. Barbara gets the details in this week’s Before and After.
- Michelle brings order to our pile of coats, with a modern coat rack in this week’s High/Low Design.
- Marie gets a botany lesson from Central Park’s curator Diane Schaub in this week’s Outdoor Gardens Tour.
- The ultimate doghouse (it’s built for people too), this cabin with a private courtyard is our Outbuilding of the Week.
- Get in the car already; Christine Chitnis goes road-tripping across New Hampshire’s countryside and takes in the dazzling fall foliage in this week’s Destinations. She’ll be sharing her whole Garden Travel itinerary.
Wondering what the Remodelista editors are up to this week? They’re in a DIY mode too; see their solutions for The DIY Bath.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation