Does this weekend count as the unofficial start of spring? We think so. Here are 12 things we’re noting, from get-ready-for-warm-weather plant sales to decoding botanical Latin. Read on:
- Today at the New York Botanical Garden: #plantlove.
- The plant sale we wait for all year: today, in Oakland, CA.
- Plant swap ahead: mark your calendars for April 6 if you’re in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Welcome to SolarVille.
- Cactus poachers? Beware of the black market when you shop for saguaros.
- Attention, New England readers: Put the Boston Flower Show on your calendars.
- Podcast alert: Garden guru Jane Perrone brings us Botanical Latin, Explained.
- What is a hellstrip? (And why you should care.)
- No laundry room, no problem. Behold: 7 ways to sneak a washer/dryer into your kitchen.
- Inside a carriage house in Hackney with subtly brilliant color.
- At the horse racing track? Our money is on Gardenista.
Previously in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: In the March Garden
- Current Obsessions: Tiny Gardens
- Current Obsessions: L’Amour