Here’s a look a what’s been inspiring us this week, across the globe.
Above: We were instantly intrigued when we discovered the work of Sister Golden, a mother/daughter creative team that produces handcrafted pieces. After poring over their flower portraits, we were captivated. Photo courtesy of Sister Golden.
Above: A group of women creatives and entrepreneurs recently came together at the Thatcher House in Ojai for the progressive retreat The Great Jane. Created by the ladies behind Heymama, Modern Nomad and Bash, Please, the career-orientated gathering took place amidst draw-dropping scenery, gorgeous florals and en plein living spaces. Photo courtesy of Charley Star of Charley Star Photo.
- An architectural pinwheel in east London’s Museum Gardens.
- The Floating Piers, an in-progress art project gracing Italy’s Lake Iseo, is available to see through July 3rd. The innovative installation allows visitors to walk on water.
- Plant your own Shakespeare garden.
Above: Botanical ingenuity: The new Lyfe plant growing system creates and harnesses the effects of zero-gravity through a magnet pushing against an electromagnetic base. The result is an air plant suspended in mid-air. Photo courtesy of Lyfe.
- Bearded, beautiful and full of grace.
- The Moroccan garden of one man’s dreams.
- Over on Remodelista: A Subtly Splendid Kitchen in North London.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: The team behind The London Plane, a cafe, wine bar, bakery, flower shop and event space in Seattle, devises some of the most innovative and inspiring floral designs we’ve seen (@londonplaneseattle).
For more Gardenista visit: Organic Flowers at Red Damsel Farm in Victoria, BC.