Here’s a look at what we’ve been admiring this week.
Above: We are yearning to see Seven Magic Mountains, a large-scale public artwork by renowned Swiss artist Ugo Reondinone. Located in the desert out of Las Vegas, the two-year exhibit features 35-foot-high totems comprised of vibrantly painted locally-sourced boulders. Photo by Gianfranco Gorgoni; courtesy of Art Production Fund and Nevada Museum of Art.
- This crumbling greenhouse gets a news lease on life.
- In Buenos Aires, this artist creates a magical botanical world out of thread.
- An inside look at one of our favorite houseplant brands in NYC.
- These bamboo structures provide landmark architecture amidst the beauty of China’s cultivated rice fields.
- The mysterious story of the garden that makes water.
- The amazing transformation of a forgotten New York landmark.
- An all-natural DIY alternative to the citronella candle.
- Over on Remodelista: A Craftsman-Made Apartment.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: Plants, art, inspiration and more plants: that’s why we love perusing photographer Janneke Luursema’s feed (@still__ ).
For more Gardenista, visit our most recent issue: Quick Fixes.