Slow down and enjoy: There’s plenty of time left in this lovely summer. Here’s a look at some things we’re considering:
- What to do during a summer rain shower? Make bouquets till the sun comes out.
- Get a glimpse of a secret garden in Beantown.
- Dig the City, the urban gardening festival in Manchester, England, is back until August 10.
- And while you’re in England? Make your way to London’s Garden Museum to see the special exhibit on gardener Alan Titchmarsh; it’s closing August 31st.
- Inspired by Long Island’s beachy shores, Bates Masi Architects designed the hardscape of this Southampton vacation house to resemble a boardwalk.
- A tour that involves drinking wine and seeing art in the rolling hillsides of California’s Marin County can’t be all bad.
- We look for any excuse to toss stone fruit into a savory salad. Thanks to this Pluot Summer Salad Recipe, we didn’t have to look far.
- Spinach popsicles? We’re on board. (The secret: Bananas and pineapple are also involved.)
- Above: Spotted and admired: This Victorian-style bistro table and chair set from Marston & Langinger. Photograph courtesy of Marston & Langinger.
- Recently pinned: string lights. What are you pinning?
Today’s the day we announce the winners in the 2014 Considered Design Awards! Stay tuned for the results.