Let’s head to the Swiss Alps and then to the Hamptons to witness some of our inspirations and obsessions this week.
Above: On display through September: Calder in the Alps, an exhibition of outdoor monumental sculptures by Alexander Calder in Switzerland. Situated against Gstaad’s mountainous landscape, the exhibition comprises a standing mobile and five stabiles from the 60s and 70s. Photo courtesy of Houser & Wirth.
- An enviable and chic treehouse in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Is the New York State Pavilion destined to be a “hanging garden”?
- 8 genius small-space garden hacks.
Above: One of our favorite pastimes is hosting and engaging in a simple summer dinner party. Case in point: Our own Meredith recently hosted a dinner party with friends including Ashley from Craft + Cocktails, who shared insight into the meal and her recipe for a gorgeous cocktail. Photos courtesy of Craft & Cocktails.
- Staying green, saving water.
- Let’s take a stroll through Anna Wintour’s wild garden.
- Narcissus Garden: a masterpiece revived.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: We’ve long loved blogger and design enthusiast Victoria Smith’s eye for interiors and we’ve more recently fallen for all the greenery seen in her feed (@sfgirlbybay).
For more Gardenista, visit our latest issue: Gardens That Matter.