Wooden footbridges, a traditional feature in Japanese gardens, create a sense of journey in even the smallest garden. Typical styles include wooden arched bridges (soribashi), wooden flat bridges (hirabashi), and arched stone bridges (sori ishibashi). Here we’ve rounded up 10 curved wooden garden bridges to consider.
If you are inspired to add a Japanese-style element to your garden, see more inspiration:
- Japanese Maple Trees 101: A Field Guide to Planting, Care, and Design
- 10 Easy Pieces: Wooden Walkways
- Midcentury Made Modern: A Very Zen Landscape for an Architectural Gem in Seattle
- 10 Garden Ideas to Steal from Japanese Zen Masters
- Yew Trees 101: A Field Guide to Planting, Care, and Design
- 10 Easy Pieces: Japanese-Style Fences and Screens