Red Trumpet Honeysuckle – Lonicera sempervirens
Lonicera Sempervirens ‘Red Trumpet’ is a fast growing vining plant and perennial plant that can be grown in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 5A through 10B. It matures to an average height of 5 feet to 15 feet and an average width of 3 feet to 6 feet, depending on climate and other environmental factors. It prefers growing in a location that provides full sun or morning sun with afternoon shade and grows best when planted in loam, clay or silt soil that is well drained. In the spring, summer and fall Red Trumpet Honeysuckle produces red flowers. The foliage is dark green in color. It attracts butterflies, hummingbirds and visual attention and is resistant to deer, drought, insects and heat.
Red Trumpet Honeysuckle can be useful in the landscape along woodland borders, around decks, swimming pools, and other outdoor living areas, grown flat against a wall, mailbox plant or as a climber and also in theme gardens, cottage gardens, hummingbird gardens or perennial gardens.
- Grows In: Zone 5A · -20° to -15° F through Zone 10B · 35° to 40° F
- Sun Exposure: Full / Mostly Sun, Morning Sun / Evening Shade
- Soil Drainage: Well Drained
- Resistent To: Deer Resistant, Drought, Insect, Heat
- Flower Color: Red
- Blooms: Spring Blooms, Summer Blooms, Fall Blooms
- Foliage Color: Dark Green
- Average Height: 5′ to 6′, 6′ to 8′, 8′ to 10′, 10′ to 12′, 12′ to 15′
- Average Width: 3′ to 4′, 4′ to 6′
- Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds, Visual Attention
- Fragrances: None