Essential Kitchen Garden Herbs 6-Pack
Fresh, homegrown herbs can easily transform a good meal into a great one. This assortment includes six culinary favorites, with a mix of French, Italian and Mediterranean flavors. Most herbs flourish with consistent harvesting, so clip and enjoy them often and dry any extra growth for later use.
- Garlic Chive: A hardy perennial that grows in grass-like clumps, with flat, blue-green blades and clusters of bee-attracting white flowers–all edible. The plant’s delicate flavor is ideal for salads and dishes that regular garlic would overwhelm.
- English Thyme: a compact perennial evergreen shrub that produces small, gray-green, leaves for harvesting year-round. A key component of fines herbes in French cuisine, the plant blooms with white to pale purple flowers.
- Tuscan Blue Rosemary: Cooks favor this fast-growing upright form of perennial rosemary over the trailing variety because of its more flavorful needle-like leaves, which cover the plant all year long.
- Sweet Basil: An Italian staple for sauces and the key ingredient of pesto. Very easy to grow, the annual yields a plentiful harvest of extra-large aromatic dark-green leaves.
- Common Sage: Evergreen perennial with gray-green leaves that release a unique, intense flavor and aroma.
- Greek Oregano: Offering a more robust scent and flavor than Italian oregano, this bright-green variety is ideal for growing in pots, where it can trail over the edge. Blooms with white flowers in late summer, attracting honeybees.
- Sustainably grown.
- Appropriate for all growing zones.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Require full sun.
- Plants ship in 4″ diam. nursery pots.