Description from Amazon
The best knives require special care and consideration. A key component of knife care is knife sharpening. Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones. A good quality Japanese whetstone not only is the best surface to sharpen and maintain of your knife, but it is also the best tool to preserve and take care of the blade the high quality steel that it is made of. Whetstones can be largely divided into three categories.
- Rough stone (Arato): Best for repairing damaged and very dull knives. These stones are very abrasive and takes off a lot of material.
- 3 inches in width that allows for a larger surface area to sharpen your knife more accurately.
- The height (1”) has enough material to provide for years of use.
- Wooden base affixed on stone as sturdy base
- Size: 8” x 3” x 1” ; NSF Approved; Made in Japan