Description from Arne Maynard
Foreword by Rosie Atkins
Photography by William Collinson
The Gardens of Arne Maynard is published by Merrell in the UK, USA and Canada in September 2015. It is Arne Maynard‘s third book and his first devoted to gardens he has designed in the UK, Europe and the USA.
Arne’s emerging garden at Allt-y-bela, Monmouthshire, is featured in the book, offering insights into the work in progress there and his design methods. Also included is Arne’s very first garden at Guanock House in Lincolnshire, where he spent 10 years creating from a flat field a formal layout, with a kitchen garden, knot garden and herbaceous borders. A total of 12 gardens have been specially photographed, and each is described through the seasons in personal text by Arne, including details of the brief and the plant selection. The Gardens of Arne Maynard is completed by illustrated chapters which Arne calls ‘Essentials’. They all focus on elements of garden design that Arne particularly loves: Roses; Kitchen Gardens; Pleached, Pollarded and Trained; Topiary; Craftsmanship; and Borders.
You can pre-order a signed copy of The Gardens of Arne Maynard, which comes gift-wrapped with a limited edition bookmark, by choosing your delivery price and clicking the PayPal link below.
- UK: £45.00 + £5.00 postage and packaging
- Republic of Ireland: £45.00 + £16.76 postage and packaging
- Europe: £45.00 + £16.76 postage and packaging
- USA: £45.00 + £24.15 postage and packaging
- Canada: £45.00 + £42.25 postage and packaging
- Japan: £45.00 + £24.15 postage and packaging
- Australia: £45.00 + £26.30
- New Zealand: £45.00 + £26.30 postage and packaging