Description from Really Well Made
We’ve created a home for creatures small and smaller. Hive Five is a bee house for solitary bees made from 5 pieces of solid Douglas Fir. Solitary bees are a great friend to gardeners; these active pollinators make a noticeable difference to the health and vitality of fruit and flowers near to their home.
Providing a habitat for solitary bees will boost overall bee numbers, helping to make up for the current shortfall in honey bees. Solitary bees live by themselves (as their name suggests), in holes/compartments and are generally stingless docile little creatures. By placing a desirable bee home in your garden you are making it the first stop for all their hard work.
Really Well Made decided to design and produce a bee house after finding the UK market was full of badly made products with limited aesthetic appeal. High Five is a bee house designed to withstand the British Weather year after year, whilst bringing a bit of Modernist style to your garden at the same time.
- Hive Five is designed and made in England using FSC certified timber.
- Dimensions – Length: 19 cm, Width: 13 cm, Height: 10.5 cm
- 8 No. 6 x 8 mm compartments
- 12 No. 8 x 10 mm compartments
- Supplied with wall bracket and fixings
- Solid douglas fir timber treated with natural beeswax.
- Steel bracket and bolts finished with anti-corrosion zinc passivated coating.