Description from Williams-Sonoma
Our potted tree is a 2-1/2 year old Arbequina olive, a hardy variety grown in the sunny orchards of California and Spain’s Catalonia region. Arbequina olives are highly aromatic and have a delicate buttery flavor with piquant notes. Before eating, the small brown raw olives should be cured in brine for best flavor. Use in pasta dishes, antipasti platters and breads.
- Zones 10–11.
- Easy-to-grow tree can produce fruit for centuries if properly pruned.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Tree grows 3′ high in pot; 35′ high, 15′ wide in ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Flowers in spring and bears fruit in autumn.
- Fruits from October to February.
- Yields approx. 30–100 lb. of olives at maturity (15 years).
- Requires a cross-pollinator nearby to bear fruit.
- Approx. 2 1/2 years old, 18 1/2″ high at shipping; arrives in a 6″ diam. terra-cotta pot.
- Grown in Salinas, CA.
(Visited 100 times, 1 visits today)
The Gardenista editors provide a curated selection of product recommendations for your consideration. Clicking through to the retailer that sells the product may earn us a commission.