Description from Evergreen Nursery
Elijah Blue is one of the best, and most colorful of all Blue Fescue varieties. Performs best in cooler weather & climates – will sometimes struggle somewhat in areas of high heat & humidity. Forms nice, neat, tight clumps of bright silvery blue grass, and remains evergreen in most all areas. During the summer months, each clump will put forth numerous tan colored seed heads that stick up above the rest of the clump.
Elijah Blue Fescue grass makes a great choice for use in rock gardens, or as borders along walkways, landscape edging, and as nice colorful foreground accents in front of taller plantings.
- Plant Facts & Specifications
- Mature Height: 8 – 12 inches
- Mature Width: 10 – 14 inches
- Growth rate: Moderate ( 3″-4″ per season until mature sized clump )
- Hardiness Zones: 3-9 ( if unsure of your zone, please use zone finder below )
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to light shade
- Soil Preference: Average to slightly moist & fertile – well drained.
- Foliage Color & Texture: Bright silvery blue needle like blades are very thin & fine textured. Little, if any, winter discoloration noticed here in East TN
- Flower, Cone, Or Berry Facts: Tan colored seed heads are produced anytime from mid / late summer on thru till early fall. Timing of seed heads varies depending mostly on what area of the country planted in.
- Diseases / Insects: None to mention
$5.25 USD at time of publication Buy from Evergreen Nursery
The Gardenista editors provide a curated selection of product recommendations for your consideration. Clicking through to the retailer that sells the product may earn us a commission.