Description from Williams-Sonoma
This border fork is handcrafted by Austrian coppersmiths, who forge each heirloom-quality tool from aluminum bronze, a hardwearing, rust resistant copper alloy that contains 94% copper. The tines are honed to sharp pointed edges ideal for breaking new soil and loosening roots and weeds. As they contact soil, the tines deposit minute amounts of copper that promote water absorption and help to repel slugs and snails.
- Crafted for enduring quality, with honed edges that retain their sharpness.
- Fork is hand forged to premium hardness, then polished to a high shine and left unsealed.
- Rust-resistant metal ages naturally to an attractive bronze patina.
- Steam-bent solid ash shaft is sanded and left unsealed; topped with a solid beech T-handle.
- Solid ash handle is sanded and unsealed.
- Handle can be personalized.
- Copper and brass fittings.
- As with any handcrafted item, subtle imperfections, textures and irregularities are to be expected, and are part of the unique beauty of each piece.
- 6 1/2″-wide fork, 42″-long overall; 3.5 lb.
- Made in Austria and Hungary.