We’re celebrating anti-Labor Day this year, with tips and tools for leading the sort of organized life that leaves time for lounging around with a book.
This week: ideas for a beautifully appointed garage (no, that was not a typo), a Small Space DIY to add color to a wall, and 10 tiny tabletop lanterns to extend the outdoor dining season.
- Do your September plans include a New School Year’s Resolution to organize a garage, shed, or other outdoor space? Browse our archive of Shelves & Storage for ideas.
- Michelle has been fantasizing about a houseplant-filled workspace, inspired by this LA clothing designer’s studio in our Steal This Look.
- Is anyone more obsessed with the complexion-flattering possibilities of candlelight than Michelle? She rounds up her favorite tabletop tea light lanterns in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- In this week’s Small Space DIY, Erin discovers a way to simultaneously dry and display colorful flowers to brighten up a tiny apartment.
- Janet investigates Garden Sheds in this week’s Hardscaping 101.
- Meredith comes home from vacation to find her beloved olive topiary on the verge of death in this week’s installment of The Novice Gardener. Can you help her revive her favorite houseplant?
- One more reason to move to Sweden: our Outbuilding of the Week is Agneta Enzell’s stylish black-and-white orangery.
Want to see how the Remodelista editors are organizing their indoor spaces for the new school year? See their version of The Organized Life.