Every year when we go around the Thanksgiving table, we say the same thing. We’re grateful for the bounty from the garden. Make that extremely grateful.
This week we make the most of it, with foraged tabletop decor, recipes straight from the vegetable patch, and leafy holiday place cards:
Above: For Thanksgiving this year, we rummaged around the backyard to come up with a foraged tabletop arrangement. See more ideas in Thanksgiving on a Budget: 7 Tips for Tabletop Decor from Stylist Beth Kirby.
- In this week’s Architect Visit, Julie heads to upstate New York to visit an enclave of new houses that belong to the land.
- Michelle puts together a foraged Thanksgiving floral arrangement in this week’s Tabletop post.
- Food blogger Laura Silverman of Glutton for Life heads to the garden for inspiration and comes up with the perfect Thanksgiving menu (including ideas for Leftovers Lunch on Friday) in this week’s Garden-to-Table Recipes post.
- We’ve come up with an action plan for Thanksgiving outdoors–with tabletop details that are both elegant and unbreakable– in this week’s DIY post.
- No-fail dessert: Susan Brenna’s shares her mother’s (formerly top secret) recipe for pumpkin chiffon cake in this week’s Recipes post.
- Enlist the kids’ help in making DIY Last-Minute Leaf Place Cards for Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving–we’ll see you on the other side of the Sweet and Salty Pear and Walnut Pie.
- For us, the day after Thanksgiving is Green Friday. We spend it in the garden, working off the mashed potatoes. Join us for seasonal Gardening 101 tips.