Yes, roses, we know you’re in bloom. (How could we miss you?) But you’re not the only kid on the block this week:
- You’d think the lines to get into the Brooklyn Botanic Garden would wrap around the block this week. And yet, you can walk right in.
- Our holy grail: the perfect steak.
- Pre-barbecue party: clean a grill.
- Best £5 you’ll ever spend. Bannerman Design.
- Legal juicing (thank you, Pressed Juicery).
- A visit to the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve is on the top of Dalilah’s summer wish list.
- What dad doesn’t love salad?
- Is it time to sharpen your knife skills?
- If you’re a gardener near Denton, Texas, there’s still time to submit your entries to the 2014 Denton County Fruit, Vegetable, Herb and Flower Show on June 14.
- Wait, Father’s Day is when? Kaufmann Mercantile’s Father’s Day Collection to the rescue.
- Congratulations to Jeanne, who won the equivalent of a Pulitzer of Garden Writing for this story.
- Oh, and roses? No hard feelings, guys, we love you too. (We’ll be snapping and pinning you like mad all week.) Look for us on Pinterest and Instagram.
For more from this week on Gardenista, see Outdoor Living. And check out Remodelista’s Indoor/Outdoor issue.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation