Fubuki Japanese Forest Grass - Hakonechloa - A Snowstorm - 4" Pot
Excellent fall color sets this new cultivar apart from other grasses. The solid green foliage becomes flushed with orange and red tones in fall. The color is most pronounced in cool weather.
Though this grass does spread by stolons, it is a slow grower and will not rapidly overtake its neighbors. Plant it where it can cascade down slopes, drape over rocks, crawl over the edges of walls, at the front of the garden, or even in containers.
Japanese Forest Grass is grown mainly for its beautiful foliage, though it does produce seed heads. Tiny, inconspicuous reddish brown flower spiklets appear in airy clusters from late summer thru mid-fall.
Also makes a great bonsai.
- The world's first white Japanese Forest Grass
- Forms a compact, flowing mound
- Hardy in zones 5-9, Partial Shade or Shade
- The first variegated Japanese Forest Grass that lights up the shade
- The starter plant you will receive is growing in a 4" pot
- Product: Fubuki Japanese Forest Grass - Hakonechloa
- Retailer: Hirt's Garden