Cedar Chicken Coop & Run with Planter
Raise farm-fresh eggs–and herbs and vegetables to enjoy with them – in this space-efficient coop-run-and-planter combination. It’s hand built in Washington state from solid western red cedar custom milled by a local, family-run saw mill. A galvanized metal roof keeps the spacious interior dry, while a mesh floor allows manure to fall through, virtually eliminating the need to clean inside the coop. The two nesting boxes are accessible through a drop-down back door at waist height, for easy egg collection. Beneath the coop, a mesh-enclosed run gives hens 25 square feet of space to forage and exercise. The planter box arrives ready to fill with soil and plants and is equipped with a drainage system that keeps water from falling into the run below.
- Hand-built from sustainably harvested western red cedar, custom milled by a local, family owned sawmill and delivered to the workshop via ferry.
- Thanks to the wood’s superior natural rot resistance, left unfinished, it will weather to a soft gray.
- Topped with a galvanized-metal roof.
- Spacious, watertight interior includes two nest boxes, removable for cleaning.
- Sized to comfortably house four hens – up to six if they are allowed to range freely during the day.
- Heavy-duty mesh floor allows manure to fall through, so the coop stays clean inside.
- Back door drops down for easy two-handed egg collecting with no need to bend or crouch.
- Chicken door and egg door lock to keep hens safe from predators.
- An interior perch allows hens to relax in a comfortable position.
- Vents and doors with galvanized wire mesh allow for plenty of fresh air, while keeping predators out.
- Area below coop provides 25 square feet of run space (approx. 5′ x 5′ x 3′ high overall) enclosed with cedar-framed heavy-duty galvanized-wire mesh with openings small enough to keep out both rats and tiny raccoon hands.
- Ladder can be raised, via a cord above the egg door, to keep chicks safely sheltered until they feather out and to secure hens inside while you rake out the run.
- Built in planter box is lined with weed fabric to keep soil contained and set over a sloping galvanized metal roof that channels water out the side, past the edge of the run.
- White Glove delivery; we’ll assemble the coop and place it for you.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
Exterior: 59″ sq. (63 1/4 ” long, 61 3/4″ wide including roof overhang), 83 1/4″ high.
Planter: 22 1/4″ x 60″ x 6 1/2″ deep.
245 lb. (315 lb. including pallet).