Description from Farmer Gracy
It’s hard to believe that this pretty little plant really is a Tulip, but it is! Tulip tarda dasystemon has star-shaped golden blooms with white-tipped petals that light up your garden with their natural beauty. It’s a Botanical Tulip – a species type that hasn’t been hybridized and apart from its stellar good-looks, it has an additional advantage: it’s a real perennial.
Of course, all Tulips are technically perennials, but you can’t expect the same gorgeous blooms year after year from the showier hybrids. Tulip tarda dasystemon is ready to lay on the charm with a stellar performance year after year.
- Family:Botanical Tulips
- Colour:Cream + Yellow + White
- Height:12-15 cm / 5-6″
- Planting Season:Autumn
- Flowering time:Mid to Late Spring
- Botanical Name:Tulipa Dasystemon Tarda
- Light Requirements:Partial shade / Full sun
- Optimal Planting Spread:10-15 cm / 4-6″
- Planting Depth:15-20 cm / 6-8″
- Soil Moisture:Average
- Suitable for cutting:No
- For Pots:No
- Mouse & Mole-Resistant:No