Description from Gurney Seed and Nursery
Saves space in the garden and in the refrigerator. The only thing oversized is the flavor—rich and incredibly sweet. Compact vines produce plenty of 6- to 10-lb. fruits packed with sweet red-orange flesh. 85 DAYS.
- Seed Counts: 1/2 oz. contains about 125-140 seeds, sows a 100-ft. row.
- Zones: 3 – 9 annual
- Height: 8 – 10 inches
- Spacing: 3 – 5 feet between plants, 5 -8 feet between rows
- Depth: 1 – 1 1/2 inches
- Spread: Vine
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Germination: 5-8 days
- Days To Maturity: 85 days
- Yield: 40 fruits/100 foot row
- Fruit: Thin, hard, tough rind w/distinct stripes when immature, becoming almost black when ripe.