Description from Michigan Bulb Company
No worries about sore ngers when you plant this one it’s soft with non-prickly foliage and lightly fragrant yellow owers that bloom in mid fall through winter. It’s a total charmer, because after owering, large clusters of silverblue berries will speckle your mahonia! Grows very well in containers.
Soft with non-prickly foliage and lightly fragrant yellow flowers that blooms in mid fall in to the winter will give an entirely new look in your garden. After flowering, large clusters of silver blue berries will appear to stay quite long on the plant. Morning sun will be enjoyed by this shade loving perennial.
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Height: 4-5′
- Bloom Time: Mid fall to mid winter
- Size: Potted
- Zones: 7 to 9
- Botanical Name: Mahonia eurybracteata ‘Soft Caress’ PP#20,183
- Sun Exposure: Shade/Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 – 5′
- Spread: 4′
- Spacing: 4′
- Hardiness Zone: 7 – 9 (0 degrees F)
- Foliage Type: Soft, non-prickly, long narrow foliage
- Flower Form: Long lasting very small ball-shaped flowers in one ‘candle’
- Flower Color: Bright yellow
- Flowering Date: Mid fall to mid winter
- Planting Requirements: Set at the same level it is at in the container. Firm and water in thoroughtly.
- Soil Requirements: Well-drained garden soil
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Pruning: Shape as needed