Description from Williams-Sonoma
First introduced in the Victorian era, the cast-iron clothes “airer” has been a fixture in British households for more than a century. Today, the ceiling-mounted pulley-operated rack—now known as The Sheila Maid®—still functions beautifully as a space-saving and eco-friendly way to dry clothing and linens. Mounted in the garage/utility room, it also makes an ideal drying rack for wet sports gear.
- Ceiling-mounted design frees up floor space and makes use of warm air rising to dry items quickly.
- Pulley system lowers rack to any level for loading/unloading laundry, and then raises to the ceiling for drying.
- Cast-iron frame.
- Kiln-dried uncoated pine rails.
- Cotton rope.
- Includes mounting hardware and pulleys.
- 22 linear ft. of drying space.
- Made in the UK.