Description from Williams-Sonoma
Raising bees will reward you with delicious pure raw honey and with increased pollination of fruit trees and vegetable plants in your garden. Our beehive is an exclusive design created for us by one of the world’s premier beekeeping suppliers. Housed under an anodized-aluminum roof and painted white, the hive consists of three wood boxes each holding eight frames–a smaller, lighter design than traditional hives and an ideal choice for beginning backyard beekeepers looking for honey production.
- Hive includes three 19 3/4″ x 14″ 6 5/8″ wood hive boxes, each containing 8 frames.
- High-quality assembled wooden frames have a Rite-Cell® foundation coated in 100% beeswax.
- Each box is designed to be lighter in weight than those used in professional hives, making them ideal for a home garden hivery.
- Wood exterior is finished in white paint for weather protection.
- Roof is made of waterproof anodized aluminum and attaches to gable ends.
- Hive’s bottom board sits atop a cedar stand, keeping it off damp ground.
- Boxes and frames are crafted on custom-built equipment.
- Includes an entrance reducer, used to adjust size of hive opening from large to small as weather gets cooler in fall and into winter.
- Bees not included.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Beehive overall: 25 1/2″ x 18 1/2″ x 31″ high.
- Box, each: 19 7/8″ x 14″ x 6 5/8″ high; 11.5 lb. (48–58 lb. when drawn out).
- Bottom board: 21″ x 14″ x 2″ high; 5 lb.
- Stand: 25 1/2″ x 14″ x 2 1/2″ high; 4 lb.