Description from Smow
Acapulco! The holiday city on Mexico’s Pacific coast experienced boom years throughout the 1960s and 70s, and in doing so became the embodiment of the sophisticated cool of the era. For all Hollywood stars and celebrities were especially susceptible to the pull of the idyllic bay and extravagant parties of the jet set: Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Elizabeth Taylor, John Wayne … just to name a few. Little remains of Acapulco’s flair from then – among the artefacts that we can still enjoy however is a piece of furniture that back then attracted many admirers with its unique look and design and which has lost none of its charm: the Acapulco Chair. The original design is handmade in Mexico for the Danish label OK Design in workshops where an emphasis is placed on sustainability, both in terms of the materials used as well as the working conditions.
- Product type : Lounge chair, suitable for outdoor use.
- Dimensions : B 77 x W 88 x H 90 cm
- Material : Seat cushion: top 100% acrylic, bottom Tex leather
- Seat shell: coloured PVC cord, UV-resistant
- Frame: steel, black powder coated