Description from Lie-Nielsen Toolworks
We modified several key features to create the Lie-Nielsen Workbench:
- The shoulder vise is a chain-drive twin-screw vise, with 12″ spacing between the screws, 8-1/4″ of travel, and a 22-1/2″ maple jaw.
- The rugged tail vise has 6-7″ of travel and a non-traditional “no L-block” jaw.
- The front stretcher is 4-1/8″ wide and flush to the front of the legs and benchtop. Trestle legs are 3″ square and flush with the front of the bench.
- No skirt, no tool tray, just plenty of clamping surface.
- 4″ thick solid Hard Maple top.
- 7 feet long (including tail vise handle) x 2 feet wide (excluding the shoulder vise).
- Weight is 340 lbs.