Description from Evergreen Nursery
This plant has a low growing, rounded, compact growth habit. It has very rich, silvery-blue needles year around. Makes a very pretty groundcover as it matures. Slower growth rate than most junipers. Prefers full sun, but will accept some shade. Excellent choice for a colorful accent border to trim our larger foundation or specimen planting areas. First discovered around 1950, and has been a very popular choice – especially in cooler, more temperate climates ever since.
- Mature Height: 1 1/2 – 2 ft
- Mature Width: 3-5 ft
- Growth rate: Slow to moderate ( 2″- 4″ avg per yr )
- Hardiness Zones: 4-8 ( if unsure of your zone, please use zone finder below )
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade. Growth rate will be slightly slower in shadier spots.
- Soil Preference: Average to slightly acidic & sandy – well drained. Mulching recommended.
- Foliage Color & Texture: Foliage is needle like, and very, very silvery blue. Has a prickly feel to it, but looks much more intimidating than it actually is.
- Flower, Cone, Or Berry Facts: None to mention